Join the Membership Circle Today!
CJI members fund the movement to end criminalization, incarceration and state violence for a more just world.
We are beloved community brought together by our shared commitment to this movement to develop politically, strategize, and connect and learn with others. As a member you will have opportunities to learn about and support urgent movement organizing needs through our funding programs.
CJI holds close our vision of a world in which activists, donors, and donor-activists join together (the 99% and 1%) to support a movement of grassroots organizing led by the people on the front lines of resistance. Our Leadership Circle members are longtime supporters, staff members, grantee organizations, and activists. We look for innovative ways to push and introduce this movement on local and national levels. Our funding model is led by the CJI Leadership Circle rather than a few people with wealth. This ensures that those who are most impacted and who face criminalization, incarceration, and state violence have decision making power in determining where movement resources are distributed.
MESSAGE FROM PHIL SAMPLE, CJI LEADERSHIP CIRCLE MEMBER
CJI members understand the areas of work that is necessary to transform the most powerful arm of repression and oppression in our nation--the criminal justice system. This is the system that the Trump administration promises to wage against our communities even more violently.
As a member you can ensure ongoing support for CJI’s activist-led funding of grassroots organizations for years to come by committing multi-year support or becoming a monthly sustainer. Our movements for justice need to grow at unprecedented levels and they need the resources to do it. Now is the time to grow the movement to end mass criminalization, incarceration and state violence led by those most impacted.
As a Member of CJI, you will:
· Receive invitations to education & strategy calls where you can engage directly from activists and organizers leading this movement from around the country on key issues.
· Participate in CJI webinar series (monthly)
· Advance notice event sponsorship and involvement opportunities
· Get invitations to events and discounted rates to political education programs.
· Receive frequent recognition at CJI events and on website
· Get advance notice about event sponsorship and involvement opportunities
· Get a complimentary copy of Annual CJI Grants Report
· Receive Quarterly Newsletter Your Gift at Work @CJI on program developments and highlights
· Be registered to participate in our annual Political Education Conference (Fall)
· Get opportunities to contribute ideas and resources into new and expanding CJI Initiatives